Citizenship & Naturalization
Naturalization & Citizenship Attorney in Washington D.C.
Obtaining United States citizenship is a major milestone in an individual's life. You will need to go through the naturalization process and obtain your citizenship to truly achieve the American Dream. At Lacki & Company, we understand that the path to citizenship and naturalization can often be complex and emotionally taxing. Our dedicated team of immigration attorneys is skilled in navigating these intricate processes, committed to providing you with clear guidance and compassionate support every step of the way. We empathize with the challenges you face and value your dreams of becoming a U.S. citizen, and that's why we work tirelessly to help transform those dreams into reality.
We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through the legal process. Our Washington D.C. citizenship & naturalization lawyers have helped thousands of people and can help you too. Call us today at (301) 867-7784 or contact us online to get started.
What Is the Naturalization Process?
The naturalization process is broken down into five basic steps. You will need to go through each of these steps to become a citizen.
- The first step is to apply for your green card. You will need to be a lawful permanent resident for at least five years before you can apply for citizenship.
- When you have been a green card holder for five years, you will need to file an application for naturalization. You will need to pass the English and civics tests during this step.
- You will then need to appear before a judge for an interview. The judge will ask you questions about your application, your understanding of the Oath of Allegiance, and your commitment to the United States. The judge will also ask you about your plans for the future and your reasons for wanting to become a citizen.
- The judge will then decide whether or not you are eligible for naturalization. If you pass the interview, the judge will administer the Oath of Allegiance. You will then be a citizen and will be able to vote in elections, serve in the military, and more.
- The final step is to receive your certificate. Once you receive your certificate, you will be a citizen and can call yourself an American.
What Is the Naturalization Test?
The Naturalization Test is a critical part of the U.S. citizenship process, designed to assess an applicant's knowledge of U.S. history, government, and a basic understanding of the English language. This test includes an English language proficiency assessment, where applicants are evaluated on their reading, writing, and speaking skills. The civics section covers important aspects of U.S. history and government, where applicants must answer at least six out of ten questions correctly to pass. At Lacki & Company, we provide comprehensive guidance to help you prepare for this important step towards achieving your dream of becoming a U.S. citizen
Who Is Eligible for Naturalization?
There are certain eligibility requirements that you will need to meet in order to become a citizen. You will need to be a lawful permanent resident for at least five years.
You must also be a person of good moral character. This means that you cannot have a criminal record. You will also need to demonstrate an understanding of the English language and an understanding of the civics test.
You must also be willing to serve in the military if necessary. You must be willing to take up arms to protect the nation. You must also be willing to take up arms to protect the state in which you reside.
What Are the Benefits of Getting Citizenship?
Obtaining U.S. citizenship opens a wide array of opportunities and benefits, not only for you but also for your family. As a U.S. citizen, you are entitled to:
- Voting rights: As a U.S. citizen, you gain the right to vote in federal elections, allowing your voice to be heard and enabling you to directly participate in shaping the nation's future.
- Eligibility for government jobs: Many jobs within U.S. federal agencies require U.S. citizenship, increasing your employment opportunities.
- Family immigration benefits: U.S. citizens have the privilege of sponsoring family members for immigration to the United States, helping to unite families and provide them with opportunities for a better life.
- Access to a U.S. passport: U.S. citizens can travel internationally with a U.S. passport, which is widely recognized and respected globally. Additionally, U.S. citizenship grants you the protection and assistance of the U.S. government while abroad.
- No risk of deportation: Once you become a U.S. citizen, you are no longer subject to deportation proceedings, providing peace of mind and security.
Why Choose Lacki & Company for Your Naturalization & Citizenship Needs?
At Lacki & Company, we understand that the process of naturalization and obtaining citizenship can be complex and overwhelming. That's why we are dedicated to providing personalized and efficient legal services to guide you through every step of the process.
Our team of experienced immigration attorneys has a deep understanding of the laws and procedures surrounding naturalization and citizenship. We will work with you to determine your eligibility, prepare your application, and represent you in any necessary legal proceedings.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Lacki & Company for your naturalization and citizenship needs:
- Expertise: Our attorneys have years of experience in immigration law and have handled numerous naturalization and citizenship cases.
- Personalized Service: We take the time to understand your unique circumstances and tailor our services to meet your specific needs.
- Efficiency: We work diligently to ensure that your application is completed accurately and efficiently to avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Communication: We keep you informed throughout the process and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Contact Lacki & Company today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards achieving your naturalization and citizenship goals.
At Lacki & Company, we are committed to helping you unlock these benefits by guiding you through the citizenship and naturalization process.
Call us today at (301) 867-7784 to schedule a consultation.